Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Looking through the Michael's dollar bins is like digging for treasure.  You can find some real jewels there like these chipboard books. 


I purchased the ornament and tree shaped books but took them apart to use the pieces individually.  This is what I came up with.


I started my project by stamping the snowflakes with white ink then added the bottom layer of plaid paper before applying white cardstock.  The plaid and white paper were torn by hand and sanded with a sanding block.  Then it was time to build the snowman.  I stamped the tree on green paper and cut it out before adhering it to the chipboard piece.  Matting was added for my picture and the sentiment was stamped.  I edged the whole thing in white ink and applied the red and white ribbon.  Do you like it? 

Materials Used: 
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Marina Mist (SU)
Designer Series Paper:  Frostwood Lodge (SU)
Ink:  Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink) Basic Black (SU)
Stamps:  Holiday Tree (Papertrey Ink)  I love this set!
Embellishments:  Ribbon

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!

No comments: