Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Rotel Cups

I found this appetizer on one of my favorite cooking blogs and had to try it.  There was only one problem.  It had Rotel tomatoes in it.  I'm always a little leery of using this delicious product.  When Darlin Arlin and I were first married, I added Rotel to a pot of chili.  He asked me if I was trying to kill him.  His Yankee tastebuds just weren't used to the spice we use in the south.  Well, I'll have you know that he's come a very long way since those early days of marriage.  He actually likes spicy food now and doesn't even complain anymore if I put pepper in the mac and cheese.  Ok, back to the recipe.  Here are the things you'll need to make this tasty appetizer:

3 pkgs. mini fillo shells (in the freezer section of the grocery store)
1 can Rotel, mostly drained (of course, I used mild)
1 bag real bacon bits
1 1/2 cups shredded colby and monterey jack cheese
1 cup mayonnaise

Mix Rotel, bacon bits, and mayonnaise in a bowl.

Add cheese.  Stir.

Now fill the shells.  I just used a tablespoon of filling at first to make sure I had enough of the mixture to go around.  Then, I went back and added a little more to those that needed it.  

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20.  They will be hot and bubbly when done.  

I hope you enjoyed learning about these tasty treats today.  






No comments: