Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Craft Room Organization

My craft room is one of my favorite places.  Because it also doubles as a guest room, I have to be able to clean it up quickly.  I wanted to share some of the ways that I keep it organized.

Darlin Arlin helped me design an Elfa System from The Container Store for one wall of my craft room.  This is the main place that I work and keep many of my scrapbooking materials.

These drawers fit nicely under my desk.  They are actually cubes that come in an assortment of styles:  two drawer, four drawer, an open shelf for holding scrapbooks, etc. This picture shows two cubes stacked on top of one another.  You could furnish a whole wall with these little darlins.   JoAnn's used to sell these several years ago but has since stopped.  I purchased the last ones that I got at www.orientaltrading.com  They are called store in style.  Michael's has a similar product, but they are not as large or sturdy,

I like the way that my things fit nicely inside the wide and deep drawers of these cubes.  

I couldn't stay organized without boxes, baskets, jars, and other containers.

I keep my finished cards in these plastic card boxes.  Although I purchased these from Stampin Up, there are others available at most craft stores.  

Oh how I love polka dots.  I found these cute bins at Hobby Lobby.  They hold my die cuts and embossing folders.  I could find many other uses for them.  

All my punches are kept in an over the door shoe holder.  It works very well!

Do you ever forget to use certain products that you have when scrapbooking?  For me, those are usually embellishments.  When this happens, I use a basket to keep those neglected things on my desk so that they are front and center.  Seeing them usually helps me remember to use them.


Want to know how I store my stamp sets?  I color code them with dots that I bought at a school supply store.  Each type of stamp:  Christmas, Fall, Valentine's Day, Sentiments, etc. has its own color dot.  This system helps me find a particular theme quickly when I need them.  




I use vertically standing plastic storage bins to hold all my paper.  This works better for me than keeping it flat, and my paper doesn't wrinkle this way.  I organize my paper by Stampin Up's color families.

I use these crop in style holders to organize papers, stickers, and embellishments that all belong to a certain theme.  I have a packet for school items, Christmas, boy stuff for my son, travel, etc.  So, when I am going to a friend's house to scrapbook for the day and know that I'm going to work on my son's school album, for instance, I simply grab that packet before I head out the door.  I keep all of my crop in style holders in a large rubbermaid container in the closet.  

I hope you got some good organizational tips by visiting my blog today.  I'd love to hear about some of the things that work for you!

No comments: