Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Project Life-A Different Way to Scrapbook

Happy New Year, Everyone!  I don't get too strung out on making resolutions, but one of my goals this year is to try to get caught up on scrapbooking our pictures.  Santa brought me a scrapbooking system that I've been wanting that will go a long way toward helping me reach that goal.  The name of it is Project Life.  It was designed by Becky Higgins...a big name in the scrapbooking world.  Here's what I like about it...

*This system makes it easy to scrapbook pictures for a particular week, month, or theme.  In other words, it's very versatile.
*It allows you to be as creative as you want or feel like being.  (or not!)
*It requires very little adhesive.  You simply insert your pictures in pockets.
*It's fast!
*You can purchase a core kit for the system or use what you already have.
*It's still possible to add a traditional scrapbook layout if desired.

Here is a two page layout that I made with our Thanksgiving pictures.
I used two different page layout designs, and there are many to choose from.  That's probably the hardest part of the whole system...deciding which layout to use.

Here is a closer look at those two pages:


Because I didn't quite have enough room, I added a 6x12 insert to the middle of my pages. 

Here it is added into the layout. 

This is what it looks like when flipped over.


There are albums that you can buy to match the Project Life core kit, but I chose to use a black 12x12 album from We Are Memory Keepers-also available from http://www.amazon.com/

If you want to learn more about this scrapbooking system, here is a video from youtube.  It features Becky Higgins introducing it.  However, there are many more on youtube and also ideas on Pinterest. 


I hope you enjoyed learning about this great product.  I'll look forward to sharing more with you in  2012!



No comments: