Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Oreo Delight

One of my BFFs recently had a birthday, so I made her a special dessert at our last stamping club.  It's called Oreo Delight.  I got the recipe from one of the cooking blogs I follow Meals at the Muirs.  I don't like sugar (I know, totally weird), so I didn't even taste it, but it seemed to be a huge hit.  Let me show you how to make it.  You'll need the following ingredients:

  1 package of regular Oreos, split
1 stick butter, melted
5 oz. box of instant chocolate pudding
2 tubs 8oz. Cool Whips
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. powdered sugar

Directions:

Crush the whole bag of Oreos in a food processor or in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.  Save a 1/2 cup of Oreos to sprinkle on top of the dessert.

Pour the rest of the Oreos in a glass 9x13 inch dish.  Mix the melted butter in and press down to make a crust.  

In a separate bowl, make the chocolate pudding according to the directions in the box.  Put it in the fridge to set up.  

In another mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese with powdered sugar.  Fold in one tub of the Cool Whip.

Now to finish the rest of our dessert and layer our ingredients... On top of the Oreos, spread the cream cheese mixture.  

The next layer is pudding,

Add the last tub of Cool Whip on top of the pudding and then the reserved Oreos.  


Happy Birthday, Glo!


No comments: