Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Two Pocket Card

While in Minnesota, we had dinner with a friend of Arlin's who snowmobiles with the clan each year.  His wife made a beautiful dinner for us.  We had a great time visiting with Bob and Lois in their lovely home by the lake.  As I looked at the decor in their house, it didn't take me long to figure out that they really like birds.  Knowing that I'd want to make them a thank you card, I knew right away what the theme had to be.  I made this two pocket card for them once we got home using the perfect materials from SU...Cheep Talk stamp set and Good Morning Sunshine designer series paper.  (both retired, but the possibilities for making a similar card are endless)



I started with an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of double sided paper.  


I folded it long ways like a hotdog.  If you work with elementary kids, you know exactly what I mean! Using a bone folder will make your creases nice and neat.  

Fold the paper again in half.  You will now have a piece of paper the size of an A2 card.  

Open the paper to its original size and make a cut as shown from the side of the paper to the middle fold line.

We're going to make a couple of folds.  Bring the top left hand corner down to the middle fold.  

Bring the bottom right hand corner up to about 1 1/2 inches away from the middle fold as shown.

Fold the entire bottom right hand side over the bottom left side of the paper.  

Fold the top right flap of paper under the top left.  

Fold the paper at the top as shown.

Almost finished!  Bring the entire top half of paper and fold over the bottom.

Turn the card around.  
Whew!  I'm glad most of the birds ended right side up.  That was pure luck!  

I'm opening the card back up to show you where you can add sticky tape to keep the flaps glued down.  This card does not open in the center like most cards.

Now that everything is glued down, it's time to decorate the outside.  I added a one inch strip of coordinating paper to the bottom of the card.

I then made the tags which measure 2 1/2 x 5 1/4.  Don't forget the ribbon at the bottom of the card and on the tags, too!  

If you make any two pocket cards, I'd love to see them and get ideas from you!  Let me know if you have any questions!  

P.S.  I used several punches on my card:  corner punch, 1 3/8 circle, and scallop circle.  

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hi there!! This is great!! Love uour picture tutorial. Il start making some today and share with you asap!! Blessings my friend, its been a long time.