Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Thursday, December 1, 2011

I recently made this fast and simple dip recipe for my stamping friends on a very cold November evening.  The dip was nice and hot and was a great alternative to queso which tends to be one of my go-to appetizers.  I placed all the ingredients below in my mini crock pot but halved the recipe.  Even at that, it made a lot!  Here is the recipe...

Easy Slow-Cooker Bean Dip
4 (16 oz) cans refried beans-I used El Paso.
2 (8 oz) pkgs. colby jack cheese cubes
1 1/4 oz. pkg taco seasoning mix-I used the whole package although I halved everything else.
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 c. sour cream
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, cubed

Place all ingredients in a slow cooker; stir to mix.  Cover and cook on low setting 2 1/2 hours.  Stir often.  Makes 11 cups.  I served the dip with Frito Scoops.

I got this recipe from a book that I purchased at our school's Scholastic Book Fair.  It's a Gooseberry Patch publication, and I tend to really like their products. 


Thanks for stopping by my blog.  Have a terrific day!



No comments: