Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Saturday, December 3, 2011


You've gotta love the dollar bins at Michael's.  I found these colorful Mary Engelbreit emery boards and wanted to package them to give as little gifts.  My stepmother, Linda, calls these little presents "happies"...just a tiny something to brighten someone else's day.  She's a master at being thoughtful in this way.  To make these little happies, I put the nail file in a Stampin Up 1x8 inch cellophane bag.  I then used cardstock to match-real red and certainly celery. 


The small green topper measures 2x4 inches.  I just folded it in half and backed it with red cardstock measuring 2 1/4 x 2 1/4.  I colored the bell image with so saffron and real red markers and punched it out with a 1 1/4 circle punch.  The ribbon is certainly celery also.  I added some red rick rack that I had on hand.  The tiny brass bell made a great finishing touch.  I bought those at Hobby Lobby. 

I got the idea for this project from the fantastic Becky Roberts.

I hope you enjoyed learning about this fun craft.  Thank you for stopping by my blog!

No comments: