Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Monday, September 5, 2011

Pocket cards are one of my favorite cards to make.  They go together very quickly, are cute, versatile, and easy to make.  They are also a great way to use up scraps of paper that are laying around.  I was first introduced to these when I visited a Stampin Up demonstrator's blog named Becky Roberts.  Follow these easy steps if you want to learn how to make a pocket card.

Cut out two shapes from the Top Note diecut using the Big Shot.  One should be a solid color and the other a print. 

On the patterned paper, score it at the top at 1 1/2 inches.  Fold it back on the score line and adhere the flap down with adhesive.  Place the patterned shape on top of the solid and adhere around the very edges. 

Make the card that will be inserted into the pocket.  The white cardstock measures 2 x 3 1/2 inches.  Add some colorful ribbon and secure it with a brad.  Stamp your sentiment next.

Place the card in the pocket, and finish it off with more pretty ribbon. 

Thank you for stopping by my blog.  If you have any questions, let me know! 

2 comments:

Mrs. Pelias said...

So cute!!!

Jessica said...

Oooh I cases these and linked to you long time ago. Just saw my own post and cMe to give u a visit. Hope all is well!! Blessings!
Jessica