Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Wednesday, October 12, 2011


 
 I saw these cute Thanksgiving Turkeys on Pink Buckaroo Designs and had to copy them!  What a cute way to showcase these fine feathered friends during the fall season.  This is how I made them...

Cut two 5x3 pieces of craft colored cardstock.

Run them through the Big Shot using the Two Tag Die.

You'll now have two pieces of cardstock that look like this:

Run them through the Big Shot again but this time use the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  Fold them on the score line.

Place one on top of the other as shown and adhere together. This would also be a good time to add the candy.  I used small candy bars and glued them down with red sticky strip tape.

Decorate the front as shown.  I used the owl punch for the turkey body minus his ears.  The turkey feathers were made using the 5-petal flower punch. 

I hope you enjoy making these gobble-gobblin good treats as much as I did.  Thank you for stopping by my blog.  Let me know if you have any questions!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hi Renee!! So funny we were both working on something so similar. Il show you my little Lip balm holders I made, bbut never thought of that cute owl punch!. TFS! Can wait to try the turkey.:-)