Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Here's another great recipe for you...Double Meat Taco Dip.  I made it for my stamping ladies, and they gave it two thumbs up.  It's a tasty appetizer but is hearty enough to eat on one of those informal evenings for dinner.  Pair it up with a salad, and you've got a meal!  I'll warn you that this recipe will feed quite a few people...probably 10-12.  I'll definitely half it when I make it again for my family of three.  Here are the ingredients:


Double Meat Taco Dip
2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 pound lean hamburger
1 pound sausage-I used HOT Jimmy Dean's
16 oz jar of Pace Picante Sauce
2 c. grated colby/monterey jack cheese

Cook the hamburger and sausage together.  Drain.  Return the meat to the pan and add the picante sauce.  Simmer for about fifteen minutes.  In the meantime, spread the cream cheese in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.   Top with meat and then grated cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese melts.  Serve with Frito Scoops.   

***I got this awesome recipe from http://pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

amystamps said...

Sounds yummy! I'm making this for my club tonight! Thanks!