Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Thursday, August 18, 2011

To be honest with you, I have a love-hate relationship with digital cameras.  I like the fact that you can take one hundred photos of an event and only pick the best five, crop your pics, and even make that blemish on your chin disappear.  However, I haven't come up with a good system for making sure that the photos I want printed out actually are...especially since my husband and I each have a camera that dumps its photos into the same program...Photoshop Elements.  Life just seemed a little simpler when you could take a roll of film to Walgreens and have it developed, so if anyone has a good system for organizing photos, please share. 

I was recently scrolling through some older photos in Photoshop Elements and realized that I hadn't scrapbooked many of my son's school pictures.  He'll be going into the fourth grade, and I'm scrapbooking kindergarten pictures.  I'm just a tad behind, but we'll get caught up!  Stacy Julian, author of The Big Picture, stated that the computer has become the new shoebox where storing pictures is concerned.  I'm determined not to let that happen! 

Here are a couple of the layouts that I've been working on...



Ever forget which pictures you've put in what album?  This idea might help.  For my son's school themed scrapbook, I placed his kindergarten photo on a small tag, and attached it with ribbon to a binder clip.  You could do the same thing for an album that has photos in it from a particular time period by stamping the year on its tag. 


Thanks for stopping by my blog.  Let me know if you have any questions! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the charm tag idea! It was fun seeing you today!!