Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Vanilla Wafer Cake has been a family favorite for many years.  Instead of any type of flour,  it uses vanilla wafers as the base of the cake.  I  hope it will soon be one of your favorites, too. 

Vanilla Wafer Cake
2 sticks margarine, softened
2 c. sugar
1 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. milk
6 eggs
1 (7 oz) flaked coconut
12 oz. box vanilla wafers, crushed.  I could only find an 11 oz. box.  Have you noticed how our boxes and containers are getting smaller?   It didn't seem to make a difference in the results of the cake.

Cream the butter and sugar together.

Add eggs one at a time.

Put in all other ingredients.

Mix well.

Grease your pan very well.  I used Pam Spray.  Pour mixture into pan and bake on 350 degrees for 1  hour, 5 minutes.  

This cake seems to come out of the oven a little dark, but everyone always comments about how moist it is.  I put a plate on top of the bundt pan and tried once, twice, three, and four times to pop it out.  I'll just say it didn't come out picture perfect this time, but my friends didn't seem to mind!

How is it, ladies? 

1 comment:

Gloria Hoade said...

I would skip dinner and go straight to the desert for this one!

Moist and delicious !!