Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Saturday, August 27, 2011

I'm always trying to find ideas of little gifties for the wonderful moms that volunteer at the library for me.  This project just might do the trick.


It's a cellophane bag that holds tea.  It's just the right size for a Starbuck's gift card, too. 




I started with a 5 1/2 x 5 piece of kraft colored cardstock.  After folding it in half, I scored the bottom of it at 1 1/2 inches to make the pocket.  I used a little red sticky tape to keep the pockets in place.  Next, I stamped the inside as shown with the Stampin Up stamp set Morning Cup.  I colored in the flowers on the cup with a Melon Mambo marker and stamped a second teapot on Melon Mambo designer series paper, cut the teapot out, and glued it onto the one that had been already stamped on the kraft cardstock.

To make the front of the card, I adhered a piece of matching Melon Mambo designer series paper that measured 2 3/4 x 1 1/4 onto a 1 x 2 3/4 piece of melon mambo cardstock that had been punched out with the eyelet border.  I added white ribbon before gluing the ensemble to the front of the card.  I paper pieced the stacking cups with the melon mambo designer series paper just like the teapot inside of the card. 

After inserting the card in the 3 x 5 cellophane bag, it was time to decorate the front of it.  I ran a 6 1/4 x2 inch piece of kraft cardstock through my crimper and adhered it to the front of the bag.  I then added the ribbon and twine.  The flower was made by running paper through the Blossom Party diecut on the Big Shot and assembling the pieces together with a white brad. 

I got this adorable idea from Stampin Up demonstrator Jessica De Urrutia.  She was so sweet to e-mail me back with the directions for this project.  You'll want to be sure and visit her blog at http://www.rememberj.blogspot.com/ 

Thanks for dropping by my blog today.  Let me know if you have any questions.   


1 comment:

Jessica said...

They look great!! Love the pink flower. Ooh! And the tea idea. Hum, may need to start making new ones. :-)
Jessica U.