Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Gift for a Great Guy

My mom recently asked me to help her with a scrapbook page for her pastor who will be retiring soon.  The families in their church are each making a page for an album that will represent his time there.  Awesome keepsake idea, isn't it?  I hopped at the chance to help her, because I'm usually the one doing the favor asking.  The pictures used were a hodge podge of this and that:  one black and white, most of them color, no central theme, etc., so it was a little bit of a challenge to put the pages together.  This was for my mom, and I wanted it to look great!


Mom and I went to Hobby Lobby to pick out the paper for me to use.  The font used was from my new Sizzix Eclips.  (I'll tell you about my new machine in another post.)  It's called Rockin Janie and the stars from the Basic Shapes cartridge.  My favorite part of the page is the cluster of large buttons from Stampin Up that I used.  Sure hope they offer more of these in the future.

I hope Pastor Foxworthy likes his memory book.  He will certainly be missed!

No comments: