Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hash Brown Sausage Bake

I don't know about you, but I am a SUCKER for cookbooks!  My son is a picky eater, so when I saw this  title for sale at our school book fair, I grabbed it right away.  Plus, it's a Taste of Home publication, so I knew I couldn't go wrong.


I made several things from it that my ds really liked.  Then, I tried a casserole.  He pretty much gave his stamp of DISapproval before he took the first bite.  LOL!  Arlin and I, however, really liked it!  I bet you would, too.  I'll show you how to make Hash Brown Sausage Bake.  You'll need the following ingredients:

1 package (20 oz.) refrigerated hash brown potatoes
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 t. beef bouillon granules
1 pd. bulk pork sausage
1/3 c. chopped onion
1 c. cottage cheese
3 eggs, lightly beaten
4 slices proces American cheese (I used Velveeta slices)

In a large bowl, mix the hash browns, butter, and bouillon granules.  

Press into the bottom of a greased medium sized baking dish to make a crust.  I used my oval Pampered Chef pan to give you an idea of the size.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.  


Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage and onion over medium heat.  Drain.  

In a large bowl, combine the sausage mixture, cottage cheese, eggs and American cheese.

Pour into the pan that contains the hash browns.  Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.  Let it stand for 5 minutes before cutting.  

Enjoy!

I have many recipes marked in this book with small post-it notes and look forward to trying them all.  Do you have a favorite cookbook that you use often?

Thank you for stopping by my blog.  Let me know if you have any questions.


No comments: