Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Salsa Chicken

If I had more time, I could spend hours browsing Pinterest.  Thankfully, it doesn't take very long to find something interesting to save to try later.  Take this recipe, for example...Salsa Chicken.  I whipped it together very quickly after work one day, and we had a delicious meal in no time at all.  Let me show you how to make it.  Here are the ingredients needed:

Four boneless skinless chicken breasts (No, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you.  I only used three.)
Cream of Chicken Soup
Packet of Taco Seasoning
1 cup Salsa
1/2 cup sour cream

If you've been following my blog very long, you know that the crock pot and I don't get along very well.  This recipe can be made in the crock pot in four hours, but I opted to bake it in the oven instead.  Place chicken in a baking dish that has first been sprayed with non-stick spray.  

In a separate bowl, mix all other ingredients EXCEPT sour cream.  

Pour that mixture over the chicken.  

Cover and bake at 350 degrees until fork tender.  I cooked mine for a little over an hour.

Take the chicken pieces out of the liquid and...

shred it.

Return the chicken to the baking dish and mix with liquid.  

Add 1/2 cup of sour cream.  This would be great served over rice just like it is.  

This time, though, I spread some of the meat mixture in a warmed up tortilla and topped it with a sprinkle of monterey jack cheese.  

Serve with a green salad, and you've got dinner!  

I couldn't find the original person to give credit to for this recipe, but we certainly appreciate having this wonderful dish.  

Thank you for stopping by my blog.  Let me know if you have any questions.  

3 comments:

Amber said...

I can't wait to make this :)

Jessica said...

Yummy!! This is a keeper for sure!! Tfs!!

Gloria Hoade said...

I love love love shredded chicken! My family will too!
Thanks so much Ne'! You're my Paula Dean for sure!