Help for Hobbies of all Sorts by Rene' Hobbie

Thursday, April 21, 2011

We Hobbies love Mexican food and try to slip it into the weekly menu at least once.  I've been making a casserole that is one of our favorites for a long time.  I received the recipe from my dorm mom, Sheila, at college at least twenty four years ago.  Ouch that hurt to write!  Considering that my keys are lost half the time, I can't believe that I've kept up with the recipe that long, but I'm glad I did! It's been wonderful to get reacquainted with Sheila recently through Facebook.  Not a sweeter lady exists! 

 Ms. Sheila

Here's what you'll need to make Sheila's Mexican Casserole:
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can diced Rotel tomatoes
1 pd. hamburger meat
1 medium onion
1 bag crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos


Brown hamburger and onion.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Drain.


In a separate bowl, mix soups and tomatoes. 


Add the soup mixture and meat together.  Heat through.


In a casserole dish, put a layer of crushed Doritos on the bottom.  Top with half the meat mixture and then cheese.  Repeat making another layer of crushed Doritos, meat, and cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. 


Team this casserole up with a green salad, and your tastebuds will do a happy dance! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rene' ~ What an honor! Thank you for the sweet words and for sharing one of my favs, also. I am so thankful for my time at MBC and all the friends that I have made. May God bless you and your family!